Tuesday, February 7, 2023

SS: Flowers Interrupted 02.07.23

 I started to do a Plein Air Painting of my Bougainvillea garden @ 4 p.m. I enjoyed the warm weather ( not a minus zero!) & the blue skies ! I was wearing casual  minimal clothing & was ready for a no stress painting! Around 5 p.m., however, 4 relatives dropped by for a visit without warning! Since the visitors are 3 widows & one overseas worker, the visiting conversation took a while. The flowers which started to bloom on the paper was fading from my mind's eye! When I returned to my painting, the brights are half dark and half light! I decided to leave the light foreground as is!


And finished the watercolor garden at twilight time! Happy Painting across the miles!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the energy in this work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a lot of lovely movement in your brushwork. Oh, and thanks for rubbing it in about the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not your usual style,but it’s quite lovely…almost looks like an oil painting…

    ReplyDelete