Sunday, February 19, 2023

Alan various


 First I did two trading cards of two of my grandkids. I discovered that it is very difficult to do portraits on a very small scale. If you’re off a 1/16 of an inch on some features it doesn’t look like who you are trying to capture. It’s still fun though but I’ll use other subjects in the future. 

 



This is Emmet on regular 140. 


It looks more like him. 

This is a Yupo composition of the two boys in my dungeon-like basement studio playing Xbox. I had the same problem with small features but I liked the composition and the energy



I completed this painting on 140 of the house we stay at in Mississippi. I like the soft feeling. 

 

4 comments:

  1. love the contrast and dark values of the xbox picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mississippi house is beautifully soft and nostalgic feeling. The Xbox paintings are great, too. I agree about portraits being difficult when they are small, but yours work. The painting of both boys is great and I like your choice to highlight the gamers by making the background dark. It's like they are in a cocoon and all the rest of the world fades away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe they are piloting the spaceship Enterprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the yupo portraits, and the two play g Xbox. It seems to fit the subject. The yupo illustrates their internal energy!

    ReplyDelete