First of all, register early! The city colleges require a certain number of registrants before the class starts. Otherwise, they will cancel the class—and they are really cracking down this term. Just a warning for those of us who habitually wait for the first day of class to register.
Class begins Jan 17 for what is called Spring 2015 term. You can registered for Spring II (March21-May9) at the same time if you want to. You can register and pay online, and Ken walks us through the process below. You can also do the same in person, but it's business days/hours only.
Registering on-line, as explained by Ken, your guide
The new class schedule is up, and I was able to register for both classes, but not without the usual half hour and phone call to Truman, so if I may, allow me to ease your registration.
- Type my.ccc.edu in the address box of your browser. It will ask you for your password, and if you know what it is, fine, if not I can’t help you any more.
- Once you log in, you will see a list of verifications for your address and phone number and all that crap, and your normal instinct, and my usual mistake, is just to check them out and move on, but what you HAVE to do is click into EVERY box, or else you will never get past this page.
- On the next page you will have to agree not to sexual harass anybody.
- Then you will have to click on academics, and the next thing you know it will want the numbers for your class, which of course you won’t know because they are listed several clicks away on the far side of the webpage, but I wrote them down for you:66479 for the first watercolor class and 66481 for the second.
- The only other difficulty is that you won’t be able to pay from there, you will have to go all the way back to Student Services I think, and go through Finances.
Oh, and the first day of class is Jan 17th.
If you have any questions, call Laura at 773-907-4440. She's incredibly helpful, as always.