Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Messing around…


 I’m done with this. I messed around with her hair a little to take away volume, but she’s too small and overworked to do much else. 


I did a quick (well not so quick) trading card portrait, inspired by Alan’s attempts.


This is a bowl of shallots done directly from life right on my kitchen counter. I like the energy but not crazy about the color mixing…it seems that everything I learned about color mixing from Greeta’s book has gone right out of my head…

4 comments:

  1. Love how your caryatids are so different than Greeta's. You've each nailed the season and the lighting. I like the composition too. The trading card portrait is sweet and I agree about the energy of your still life--your direct watercolors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than me. I’d just overlay the shallots and bowl with some stronger color and make the shadows darker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sez The Master of Onions and I quite agree. More color, more contrast, less isn't more, it's less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way u simplified the building and the way the flowers march toward your Mom. Like the study of your mom… looks like direct painting.

    ReplyDelete