Saturday, February 25, 2023

Alan heading south


 Here’s a couple of trading cards. The one with the tree branches and berries in Old Town would have been easier if I had put in a wash for the sky first. Quick lesson!  The radishes were just fun. 




I finished this watercolor on 140 Arches of a little Mississippi house that I regularly walk by. I liked the softness and the watercolory feel of this. I’m about to do some more. 



And now, in honor of Ken, I’m developing another onion painting on Yupo. I like the start. I will spend more time on some of the onions that need more work to finish. Each onion is kind of an art piece on its own. It’s hard to believe that yesterday this was a plain piece of white paper. Art!



3 comments:

  1. Those onions are spectacular! I love the glowing colors and shiny highlights you are able to get. I also love the Mississippi house—especially the sky and shadows. It just feels like a lazy summer day. Good choice to include the wires across the sky, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! Loved the texture of your onions, that papery skin…the cottage is a great panting of light. I had to look at that first trading card for a long time before I realized the upper right hand corner was part of the painting. I thought you just took a quick snapshot at an odd angle on your kitchen counter. Then l saw the branch snaking across that space….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the trading cards, especially the radishes. I admire you for putting in those power lines, I would have been to chicken to put them in. And Oh Lord those onions.

    ReplyDelete