Monday, February 6, 2023

SS: Dinner on Air 02 06.23

 My second inspiration is the Dinner served during our 5 hour Narita to Manila flight, after a 13 hour flight from Ohare to Tokyo. Dinner was composed of Seafood Medley with Sticky Rice, Miso Soup, Shrimp Paste, Okra Salad, Green Salad, Green Tea, OJ! During the layover at Narita Airport, my husband & I walked for 20 minutes from gate 61 to gate 95 to catch a connecting flight to Manila. It was a scary walk!!. Before the pandemic, my husband & I used to look at disapproval at some passengers who availed of wheelchair services. We used to speedwalk from one gate to another during our prior international journeys. After the Pandemic & after some non Covid Health issues,  we realized we were not ready for the 20 minutes fast walk to catch our 2023 connecting flight. Twice, we paused to rest, the first to lean against posts to catch our breath and drink water, and second to seat in the window chairs along the aisles & hydrate ourselves. Meanwhile, other fellow passengers seated in wheelchairs pushed by airport attendants were zooming ahead of us to the boarding gate. When we reached boarding gate # 95, I promptly booked wheelchair services upon arrival at Manila Airport! What a Relief!


1 comment:

  1. As always, I like your food paintings. With your emphasis on color and pattern, you even make airline food trays look attractive. And I'm so glad you made your connecting flight!

    ReplyDelete