Sunday, December 31, 2023

Still on the road


 This has been sitting on the table taunting me since Christmas and I have been avoiding it because I am in a bit of a funk, but the deadline of showtime forced me to do something. a little on the burnt sienna on the road, a little yellow in the trees and some work on the clouds.  Trying to break up that big one near the horizon by segmenting it a little, and just fooling around with the blues.  That phthalo blue looks nice going down but once it dries it leaves a sooty residue that I can't do anything with.

3 comments:

  1. The clouds were not the problem for me. The giant artificial Christmas tree in the middle was my problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I liked the sky before. Those thin, dark horizontal lines are odd and don't add anything to the painting. If you can't do anything with it, maybe just make the whole band of cloud dark instead of striped. And get rid of the lightness next to the tree. How about changing up those greens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the painting taunting you since Christmas. I felt the same about my empty chickens! And that's how I feel about pthalo blue too. It's lovely but it requires a major commitment; you can't move it or lift it or blend it. Anyway, maybe you just extend that dark sky upward, leaving some smallish patches of light. That way, it looks like a storm rolling in, especially if you leave a touch of light at the horizon and blend the dark into the trees. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete