Sunday, October 8, 2023

Alan Fall 5

 Just catching up. Last version of my alley looking South. I cleaned up articles in the garage and several obvious errors and tied the alley surface to the sky and wires. 



I tired of representational painting, being restricted by lines. So …. I tried this nonrepresentational approach on Yupo. I don’t know where it’s going but there are many little things that I enjoyed discovering when I started this. 

I’ll keep working on this trying to find pleasing colors, shapes and connections. 

3 comments:

  1. You must have the neatest garage in town! Everything's lined up so nicely, in contrast to the outside world. I like it! And I like what that fixative does. I also like where you're going with the non-representational painting. There are some interesting shapes and colors already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garages are fine, love the wires, looking forward to seeing them all together

    Although you have complete freedom from the real world doing an abstract, you have to justify every damn thing. You can't just say, oh, that was a car in the garage. When it begins to look like some actual thing you have to make a choice between going for that or going away from it. Either one could work. Or not.

    ReplyDelete