Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Studying the Studies….



 I know, I shouldn’t be photographing them this way, but they’re just studies…in the top one, I’m trying to work out the light and dark shapes…I’m not really interested in details, more the values and color temperature. The bottom one is from a cute photo of my friend’s grandson…trying to figure out the color palette here & how to paint a cat….


And here’s a strange still life that was oddly satisfying to paint…there’s a lot of layers on this little sheet of paper…looking forward to class, I need to see other people painting in real time!

2 comments:

  1. There's something very beautiful about the purple shadow shape on the top left study. It moves so nicely. In fact, the values on that one are very successful. Good luck on that cat...at least the stripes might help with the shape. And I do like that last still life a lot...particularly the colors and the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Rousseau in the upper right painting, those thin white tree stems look better without any leaves. The one to the left is when you are tossing and turning and worried about the cares of the day, and in the second you have drifted off to sweet dreamland. Candlesticks appear to be hung up in the cares of the day.

    ReplyDelete