Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Ss: January Surprise & Art

Consul Ryan Pondoc of Philippine Consulate just recently informed me that a Watercolor painting of mine is hanging in one of the offices of the Ph Consulate. I have not seen it for 13 years! What a joy for an Artist to discover that one of her Creative output has found a Sanctuary in the Consulate, even surviving the office's  move from the 30 N. Michigan Avenue to 122 S. Michigan Avenue in the recent years. I remember that my fellow Watercolor artists ( dressed to the nines &  one in Armani!) attended the October 2010 reception of the group exhibit of 7 Pinoy Artists entitled " The Filipino Artists in Chicago". It was an exciting event, a celebration of the October Artist Month. I am thankful for the support and blessing from the Ph Consulate, fellow artists, my Watercolor class, my fellow Accountants & Walgreens, the sponsors! Sadly, some of the participants have left Chicago & some have died! On a happier note, I sold 2 smaller paintings to a lady doctor from Michigan Avenue ( my first sale!). She bought them for her bedroom. I am humbled and joyful that my  9" x 12" paintings have inspired comfort & sleep to the lady doctor and the 18" X 24" Flowers in a Vase in the Consulate 

have witnessed hard work and decision making! Life is Short and Art is Forever! 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I remember that exhibition. You are a much better artist today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that exhibit, too! It's good to look back and see how much we've grown, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first sale - and a walk down memory lane! Thanks for sharing this story and image <3

    ReplyDelete