Saturday, January 28, 2023

Alan on Yupo



 Here are the next two looks at the narcissus bulb after having been sprayed with a fixative that allow you to handle the work without smudging it. 


 

This is a finished version of my mini peppers at the Jewel. I don’t know if I will be doing many more of these although each pepper is an exercise in itself. 

This is a painting of the inner harbor down the street from where we stay in Ocean Springs. It may need to be larger for me to get the details that it needs.   There are several things that I like about it though. 


I’m currently working with aquaboard.  I like the texture that it has and it’s fairly forgiving when painted.  This is just the first layer of the painting with more layers to be I added.


2 comments:

  1. I really like the Yupo paintings, particularly the harbor--the water and reflections are beautiful. I have to check out your Aquaboard more closely next week. It seems to have a different texture (more like canvas) than the Aquaboard panels I just worked on. That lily is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a pterodactyl in the upper left chasing that that little slip of a cloud? Love that sky, and the trees, and the sparkling water. I see that you can do more with yupo than just skate along its surface.

    ReplyDelete