Saturday, January 28, 2023

I’ve always wanted to paint The Bean

 Cloudgate in Millenium Park is ever changing. It’s a reflective surface and a fabulous shape. Because it might end up hanging around with my descendants (plan to give it to a grandson), I’m trying to be discerning but not too critical lest I get carried away with corrections. 

After class, I set it up on the piano ….. viewing it first from a distance and then close up. I made notes about what to do. My left brain has to speak so I make notes and go from there. 



 Trading Cards:  Check out The Mind of Watercolor (Tom Mitchell) on You Tube. Painting Watercolor Greeting Cards and Trading Cards. 

4 comments:

  1. Greeta, I learn so much from how you work...your sketchbook studies and this analysis list. I love this painting and have to add my suggestions. I think your rendition of the Bean is lovely. It's obviously the star, so I wouldn't be too concerned about adding lots of details to the rest of the painting--don't want them to pull focus! Your grandson is going to be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. I’m the one who has learned from you.
      My intention is to “deaden down”the detail on the background bldgs. If I can. And possibly unify color somewhat

      Delete
    2. Didn't we all know that when the flying bean landed it would be in the toddling town? The huddled masses on the left are asking the redhead to be taken to her leader and she wonders if she should wait until after the election. I think that darker sky should be extended to the other side of the building, maybe on a diagonal like that already darker patch. Otherwise it looks like the building is dividing the sky.

      Delete
    3. I took it out of the mat to somewhat darken the sky per your suggestion. If I mess it up now, it’ll be all your fault.

      Delete