Saturday, January 28, 2023

SS: Romance among the Waters

 The painting was inspired by a photo of my husband and myself walking along the river in a rainforest area near my Philippine hometown more than 10 years ago. I started with lots of greenery, rocks and watery stones and trickles of water. I aimed also to paint some light coming thru the Bamboos and palm trees. Initially the male and female figures are standing in front of the mini waterfall. I was inspired however by the gouache effects of Allison and Brian's art works and the painting of the water now almost covered half of the paper. And the couple are now having a Date under the Water!


And the falling water took over the painting with some background wash peeking through! And then I went to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, you certainly haven't lost your touch with landscapes. I love the colors, the richly textured rocks and water, and I marvel at your speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rollin' rollin', rollin' in the river.

    ReplyDelete