Friday, February 26, 2021

Some of Alan’s experiments

Finished the winter scene on 140# cold press. There might be one other one. 



I keep buying fruit because I’m trying to eat healthy but I feel that I must paint them before I eat them.  Pen and ink with watercolor on cold press in my scrapbook  


I tried another pen and ink with watercolor of me playing golf  


I didn’t like it so I painted another one without the ink and liked it better  


I tried my self portrait one last time. Still don’t like it. Maybe it’s the photo and maybe I made the undercoat too yellow. 





3 comments:

  1. I beg to differ, I like the pen and ink one different. I wonder if you had a big smile or a big frown on your face if that would make it easier to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snow painting! It really has the feel of the day. Trying to rival Greeta with the fruit paintings? Seriously, it's interesting how you each have your own distinct styles—and I love them both! I think I prefer the inked golf painting myself. Something about the crispness of the line matching the feel of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both golfers, esp the backgrounds. - they’re more vibrant than the figure and that works well. So many times in portraits it comes down to the eyes...yours are a little too open when compared to the photo and I agree your skin tone could be rosier....otherwise it’s a good likeness imo.

    ReplyDelete