Saturday, February 6, 2021

house finch 1




The only thing new on this this week is I darkened the turquoise riles so that the water looks more like, um, water.


 This us the finch painting, but I am more interested so far in the dried husk of a sunflower that he is perched on.  I did the drawing and what interested me was the lines.  I used watercolor pencils to accentuate lines, and now I am thinking I may do the whole painting using just the pencils, but of course I may change my mind.





 The Ten Cat got tired of looking at my big cats and alleys paintings so I switched them out with some old paintings of corn and tomatoes to give it a summertime look which we all know is just around the corner.,



3 comments:

  1. Oh, so there's going to be a bird on the sunflower. I'm looking forward to seeing how you make the pencils work. So far, I'm a big fan. I like the way the fish ended up. The water has settled in nicely and looks like sparkly water. Thank goodness for the corn and tomatoes. I'm ready for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's like a pac man fish! Like nouveau retro. Your pencil sketch of the sunflower sans bird is mighty interesting. Let's see where you go from here. Congrats on your change of scene for Ten Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those corn and tomato paintings look fabulous. Like where the sunflower finch is going....

    ReplyDelete