Friday, February 12, 2021

Mostly from Alan’s experiments


 More use of old sacrifice sheets. I founs a quick sketch of five guys in New Orleans and had them looking at art, like in a gallery.



Then I tried using the luci tool to make these quick sketches of things around my house.  It is not easy to use but I am starting to get some good results.  I think I’ll learn to draw before I really get good with this thing.




I tried following Sara’s  lead and tried some quick sketches looking out of my windows. The problem is that my stained glass panels cover every good window and there is nothing interesting out the other ones. 


I did do one more drink painting called “The Shot.”I might lighten the table to make the glass things stand out more.  


The directions are to pour 1 1/2 or 2 shots of whiskey in a shot glass and add 2 splashes of orange bitters. The end

4 comments:

  1. I love the art patrons and the way those dark outline sets off their postures, leaning back to take it all in, and they are more abstract than the artwork that they are contemplating.

    The windows are nice but I would like some color in the window at the upper right even if there is no color in the window itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really into those sketches. They are so fresh and lively. Also, you've made me regret tossing sacrifice sheets when I see what you did with yours. Your windows and shot painting are perfect for the season--they look so warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sacrifice sheet collage. Glad I saw it on zoom, because the blog photo doesn’t conveys its liveliness. I like the interior scene too, the glimpse from one room to another. The sketches are nice but really your colors make them sing. Perspective and proportion are highly overrated imo. You’re a colorist at heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, Alan, you are really cooking. The sacrifice collage is happening and way cool. Hope you keep playing around with them. I must say I just luv the shadow colors you created under the first bowl of fruit. And your watercolor sketches are great, lively and fresh. Maybe try approaching your interiors in the same way? Your drink still life looks rustic and comfy. Yeah, you could lighten or darken the table, but it also looks okay as is with everything blending in together as a whole too.

    ReplyDelete