Saturday, February 27, 2021

Two pigeons, love on a balcony railing


 Here's a photo, a pencil sketch, and a paint sketch,00 and if you look closely to the upper left you can see the outline of one pigeon and the outlines of some windows in the background.  I have been all over about how I will paint this one.  Right now I am thinking of using big tiles like in the pencil sketch, but that could easily change..

I only pay attention to what things really look like inasmuch as if you get too far off base it takes the viewer out of the picture.  If a texture I am using looks better than what it really is I always choose it without giving it any further thought.

2 comments:

  1. Based on the paint sketch, I'm going to love this one. I already like the composition, but the texture makes them shine—your portrait makes them look much better than the real thing. (And I should know. There were just two pigeons outside my window, staring at me. Nowhere near as attractive.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, nice paint sketch - I like the color & texture.

    ReplyDelete