Friday, February 12, 2021

Greeta’s Tired of Faces

 

The challenge to capture Wyatt wasn’t met.  It looks like Wyatt but the chubbiness of his face and his smile are lost, and , of course , the eyes are too dark.  Put this one aside and move onto snow  




This is the rectory at Queen of Angels in the evening. If I were to do it over, I’d leave some white on the tree branches. I followed the reference photo too closely. I do like the snow and some of the stone work. Used Khadi handmade paper. Soaks up the paint while providing a lovely texture for wet on wet. 




4 comments:

  1. That snow sets up the church well and the deep blue sky beyond, oh and the wet/icy sidewalk heading off at an oblique angle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snow scene is incredible. You've got the atmosphere perfectly--the lighting, the night sky, the snow and stone textures. This is absolutely wonderful, especially since you've done it all with such a limited palette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice atmosphere in the church painting and lovely colors. Your grandson’s face reminds me of Fairfield Porter’s paintings of his children, specifically Under the Elms and Lizzie at the Table. A little detail conveys a lot of feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these both look great, Greeta. They're simplified, but effective in what they convey. I must say, I especially appreciate the wonderful colors you've achieved on the cement sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete