Saturday, February 13, 2021

Sara’s Sketch and Paint




 First, I sketch, then I paint. These are 6 x 13 and 6x 18. Ironically I painted the amaryllis on the wrong side of the paper, all along wondering why the paint but so is the amaryllis now that I think of it.kept sliding off. However it had a much richer color than the old guy. But he’s done in just red and green. 


Then here’’s my obligatory window winter tree scene.I just used blue and yellow. I kind of like the crisp graphic styles this . It 6x8.

4 comments:

  1. I always like your sketch/painting combos. But this week's star is definitely the amaryllis. That's so rich and beautiful. It's graphically flat but transparent and layered, too. The size is interesting and there's something beautiful in every square inch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be Joe in the chair. Moody in a cozy way. Everything looks soft and warm. Like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Joe drinking a cuppa joe. Hum on closer inspection it could be a martini. Anyway the pose is good with the upraised cup or martini glass and his casually crossed leg and the sharp shadows give the whole image a sculpted look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo on all your work, Sara. The sketches and paintings. You're really working that panoramic paper to the nth degree, composition-wise. And the out-the-window snow scene is terrific with the way the dancing tree limbs are painted.

    ReplyDelete