Friday, February 19, 2021

Alan with summer cocktails and a snowy yard

 I just ran across this watermelon vodka cocktail that I made last summer at the lake and it made me smile. I just quickly added it to my sketchbook. I will probably never make this one again since it involves removing watermelon seeds from the juice. It was refreshing though. 




I painted this kumquat infused Old Fashioned before but didn’t like it. I like this one. The booze doesn’t look cloudy like in the other one. The seashell looks better too. 


Since everyone is painting winter, I’ll do it too. This is the beginning of the view out my front door. 


Used masque for some of the tree branches. 

Newer version 


Even newer





5 comments:

  1. Not that I know how to make drinks, but...just use a seedless watermelon.
    Your Old Fashioned is dazzling, I remember the previous one looking great too. This one is looking a bit more shimmering and colorful. Luv the composition too.
    Better document a snow scene before it's all gone. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the blobby tree in the first one and the crytaline snow on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new Old Fashioned! The drink sparkles and the table, reflections and shell are gorgeous. I always love venetian blinds in a painting! And I really like the snow scenes. You have the crispy texture of the snow down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I’m with Pat - seedless is the way to go. Or just drink a shot of vodka then eat a watermelon slice and spit out the seeds... I like seeing the progression of the snow painting. But who cleaned off all those cars? And where are the piles of dirty refrozen slush? Love that streak of yellow and blue on the tree. And yes, I like the ambiance of the Venetian blinds — very atmospheric painting. It says summer cottage to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brand new ice and snow before it had a chance to filthy up. But the blue car did have some snow on the roof but I missed it. Maybe I can add it. It will look better.

      Delete