Saturday, August 15, 2020

Sara’s Windblown Week


Here’s the park about a block from my house. It lost about a dozen huge old cottonwood trees. Feeling kind of sad but very lucky. We didn’t even lose power...


Have done a few garden sketches this week & a small direct we of baby & me. working on a drawing for a Larger painting. 




And this is fun. About a million years ago Elaine O. Made this little folded paper book for me. Then I waited about 5 more years before I started sketching in it. And what do you know, I finished it this week! These are all sketches done with markers and glitter gel pens. Too bad the glitter effect doesn’t show up. The first sketch I did is the orchids in the lower left. The last one is the top right. It was like my coloring book for the past two years! Thanks Elaine.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, that storm did some damage near you. We lost power for almost an hour, and one (smallish) tree limb out front.
    I luv the baby and you sketch. Can't wait to see it grow bigger - the painting, that is. Her face is delightful. And that outdoor flower sketch composition is terrific too. They both have an Asian-esque feel to them. Wish I could see the "coloring" booklet a bit larger. Kudos to you for completing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can enlarge the photos with your fingers now. That must be a new feature. Makes it a lot easier to zoom in on the paintings.

      Delete
    2. huh? Wow, how cool is that? Thanks for the helpful hint.

      Delete
  2. Well, you've been busy! I'm so glad you decided to paint the one of you and Quinn. That's so beautiful. I love the sketches—the colors, the composition, everything! They feel like Japanese woodblock prints. And I remember that booklet! Yours is wonderful. For all the time it spanned, everything is so cohesive and so very "Sara". Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IS there a little Hopper in you and the babe in the rocker? I would like to see that plant on better bigger paper. Is that a little mosaic underneath it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the delicacy in your sketches. As others said, they have an Asian feel to them--delicate and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you going to paint that big tree in the first photo?

    ReplyDelete