Sunday, May 5, 2024

Alan Spring 6

 I finished the flowering aloe plant.  Appreciated the suggestions but I would have had to start over again and each of those nodes have to be painted one at a time in order to blend the colors the way I wanted. The spray makes the colors deeper and gives the painting a shine.



I decided to paint something big so I’m using a recent sketch of my hometown as a basis for a large coldpress painting. I want the structure to be accurate so that I can get loose with the paint. 



5 comments:

  1. That aloe plant looks delicious...just like a bouquet of frosted popsicles. That's an ambitious painting you have going there--eager to see it progress. What town is this? and what size is the painting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I opened the blog for last week's posting in a new window and then compared this week's and last week's aloes side by side and I couldn't see much difference between the two. Glad to see you working big, but even on big paper that is a lot of detail to get in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s the point. The difference is in the value.

      Delete
  3. I thought the aloe plant looked much more lush with the fixative. Looking forward to seeing your big hometown creation as it develops.

    ReplyDelete