Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sansevieria Summerdale Ss

 My cousin gifted me with a potted snake plant last birthday! The first pot yielded a family of more! I painted the Capiz Corner descendant last week. This week's family of snakes on the Summerdale side of my living room faces the TV & is located beside a boxy lampshade & is in front of a horizontal mirror. The see thru box plant holder on the right, is  from an Antique shop in Andersonville, was a bar stool!The painting of Intimazzy Swiss Train ride, ( exhibited @ Epiphany Center Summer 2023), on the top left,  complimented the composition. This interior art exercise is like painting plein air, a reminder to my future self, a visual diary. I am lost on the boxy lampshade on the right side. It felt like an alien visitor of the container garden, taking a selfie photo of the Snakes and the Pothos!


4 comments:

  1. Another house interior. Have you ever done one looking out one of your windows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. The plants are definitely the stars in this world. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about the lamp on the right. It's just a bit player anyway and you don't need it to take focus from the main characters. It's a good shape in a good place for the composition and that's all it needs to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fine series, Susan. I once did a series of life size interiors throughout my place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The plants are very alive and dominate the scene. It is a plant portrait! Fairfield Porter has painted some wonderful interiors that just capture a moment in time like your painting does.

    ReplyDelete