Saturday, February 10, 2024

Alan Winter 6

 Did some more work on the Greeta in silver pants painting. I very carefully made the tree a darker value without ruining the wispy nature of the branches. I also added some rose shadows so she wouldn’t look so pale-even though she’s pale in real life.




I was in the mood for some landscapes and I saw this image on a tv show, shot a quick picture and did a continuous line drawing and a wash. Not happy with the foreground - too contrived. But was doing it quickly without a lot of thought. It might be a real painting some day. 


On one of my hip rehabbing walks around the block at sunset I captured this image and painted this on hot press. But I forgot what drew me to it was the play of sun on the items in the picture which is sadly absent in my painting. 


But I did like the sketchy quality of it. 

3 comments:

  1. I really like Greeta (the painting and the person). You've totally got her very essence--and those silver pants are so beautifully done. As for the sketches, I'm a big fan of line and wash, waterlilies, trees, water and cityscapes; so what's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I opened another window so that I could compare last week's Greeta with this week's, and I couldn't see any difference at all. Is it possible that you put last week's Greeta in this week's post?

    I hate that crease. I like the painting though. I like the wild abandon of the lines in the trees, while the ones of the lilies are prim and proper. It is a meditation on civilization and nature red in tooth and claw.

    Damn cars, they never come out right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The changes were subtle so I did my job. Check the hairline.
      You gave me too much credit on the foreground.

      Delete