Saturday, February 17, 2024

Capiz Corner by SS



 The northeast corner of my bedroom  has a shelf that used to house my files  of Art Mags plus Natl.Geo. Mags.The corner which displays currently a copy of the Monet painting of a pier with small boats anchored is lighted by a Capiz Shell Lamp made from shell of Placuna Placenta mollusk.  Last week, I replaced the reading materials with a Pothos Plant & a Snake Plant. The resulting revised composition is an inspiration to paint this new Capiz Corner. There was a challenge on how to include the background Monet painting & also the projection of ceiling light from the Capiz Shell Lamp & the reflection of the Shell Lamp on the frame cover of the Monet art.  I enjoyed painting the Still Life of my new Capiz Corner,  an entirely different genre from.     Landscape Painting or Portrait   Painting. There are treasures from quiet corners! 



5 comments:

  1. I had to check if you'd done more to this since I saw it live. So, it looks like the top image is just cropped differently and the saturation difference is just from the camera? The real color is somewhere in between (and closer to the bottom image), right? Anyway, I really like this intimate little interior, especially the plants. Those brushstrokes make them so alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors and I like how you painted the plants. Very atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s amazing what we can see in our corners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interior painting. You've cropped the second version. Which do you prefer? I like the first with the streaming light shining on the ceiling from the lamp. It's a lovely composition with the plants, painting, reflections, and lamp shining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks to me like the same painting with the older version cropped and the newer one in toto. I like the light coming out of the lamp, like a bright neon sign welcoming guests to Chez Capiz.

    ReplyDelete