Saturday, October 1, 2022

SS: A Sun of Universal Colors

 A long time ago, I analyzed why the beauty queen title eluded me when I have a melange of various ethnic lineage in my veins. On my mom's side, I have Chinese entrepreneurs medical authority on her side. On my father's side, I shared the Hispanic adventurous analytical minds! Both sides have artistic skills. I am taller than most Asian pacific islander women & I have a face that would be a female representation of various nations. I used to  have difficulty in painting my likeness before. When I accepted that my nose is larger and broader than other noses, I slowly gained confidence in painting myself. No more beauty queen aspirations! Bring on the lines and shadows! I love to wear hats & I still have long black hair. Since it is boring to paint my blouse a monotonous red, I decided to have fun with lots of shapes & colors! And my Cousin Henry, from opposite part of the universe who keeps in touch with me thru Instagram, would comment again " you look like PM Golda Meir". You be the judge! We are all connected! 


2 comments:

  1. Susan, I love your portraits! I see you're going back to your Klimtian brushwork in the hair and shirt, but so much more sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the exacting work of doing a face isn't it a pleasure to get to a background that you can do whatever you want with?

    ReplyDelete