Monday, September 26, 2022

Nurturing Young Talent….


 Nora painted this a while ago and I had it taped to my wall. When she came over this weekend she said, “This really needs a frame Grandma,” So she framed it like this. You can see that strong personality in her color choices and brushstrokes, imho….



S

Meanwhile, Grandma is trying to up her color game with these two studies. The still life is not a great composition proportion wise and I didn’t really capture the reflections from the windows behind coming in on the table .I do like how the bowl is painted. I think I went beyond my six colors here…

In the sketch of Nora meets the beluga, I need to figure out the values a little more. Maybe I need to work with variations of just one blue . And the beluga looks a little like a flying pig….

I’ll miss class again this week…Door county calls….

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Nora's painting DOES deserve a frame! She's a little colorist already...just like her Grandma. I love the sense of light in the Beluga painting. You really see the light from the top of the water spilling down on the Beluga and Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors and stance of Nora, but I don't think that beluga gets the star treatment that I think he deserves.

    ReplyDelete