Thursday, September 15, 2022

SS: Joy of Zurich Airport

 My inspiration was the Filipino European server we met at the Zurich Airport. Our AA flight from Chicago arrived at Zurich Airport @ 10 a.m.,  one Saturday in late May and we waited for our tour guide who is scheduled to arrive at 2 p.m. We spent the 4 hours waiting time, to eat thin enormous ham sandwiches & hot drinks  and talked with Joy at a coffee shop where the server works. Joy is a petite young lady of 35 years who spent the past 10 years as.  an Overseas Worker while she remits her hard earned salary to her nuclear family in the Philippines. She shared with us her experiences as an expatriate Worker & when we said Goodbyes, we felt we were long time friends! I took Joy's photo in her uniform and her hair was up in a tight bun before our ride arrived. I promised her I will paint her when I return to Chicago. Later, we became friends at Instagram & she sent me vacation photos with her fellow overseas workers. I was inspired with this  relaxed photo of her during an vacation outing in


Barcelona this summer of 2022. 

5 comments:

  1. A lovely portrait. She's got such a warmth and gentleness to her smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the toss of her head and the glitzy background. Looks like she could be attending the oscars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you included the torso instead of just focusing on the face. You captured more movement in the painting. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way that the lines of the background reinforce and accentuate the movement of the head and hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Background works well. You conveyed a lovely personality

    ReplyDelete