Saturday, September 3, 2022

I think I’m hungry….



 I guess I’ve entered my fruit and vegetable period. I’ve been working on the two cukes all week and I think I’m finished. Or maybe I’m just tired of trying to get those highlights right . These are two of about 50 cucumbers we’ve eaten from Joe’s garden in like the past two weeks! 7 x 10

The top  painting is my 2nd Edible Fig and it was so sweet! I just painted it today, not sure it’s finished. It’s 6x8.the plate looks a little pale.both of these were painted with just 6 colors I’m using warms and cools of red, yellow and blue. I’m actually following the instructions for mixing intense vs muted colors…The instructions are in the Painters Pocket Palette, which I’ve had for 20 years and never bothered to read….



This one is for Greeta. I don’t think you have any of his watercolors in your series. I like the way her blouse  echoes the blues in the painting and how she’s kind of turned away, as if the beauty of the painting was just too much….

2 comments:

  1. You're making me hungry too! I love cucumbers but have never had a harvest like that! Is the fig homegrown or from a farmer's market. Either way, I love the way it's framed by the plate elements. I was a little surprised by the number of Cezanne's watercolors--more than just a one-off, it seemed like he used the medium well and to a different purpose than his oils. That was very interesting to me. I vote for Greeta (and you!) to paint it. she looks a little like you, so it could be a nice memento of your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fig and the cukes. The fig is daring and the cukes are jaunty.

    ReplyDelete