Sunday, October 16, 2022

Fountain Faces Forest

 The painting was inspired by photos of my husband and myself combined in a set of 2 levels. When I presented the beginnings of faces during the Showtime segment a long time ago Elaine T commented that these could be a Crown fountain like scenery. So when I worked on it during our latest class session this week, I refinished the faces and tried to recreate a downtown photo opportunity of wet children playing at Crown which was one of my early watercolors which was bought by a female doctor, one of patrons of a 2010 Consular exhibit!. She wanted a Watercolor painting for her bedroom. I could not recreate the wet and frolicking children in front of the spouting water faces. So I placed  the giant wet faces among trees & reimagined the man's face on an elevated level and the woman's face on the lower level. The female's eyes anticipated the action! The water from the male's mouth flows down to combine with the water from the female's face  also flowing to create a pool of water in the foreground. The wet children almost disappeared from the picture! It is a fun  Saturday


painting, no pressure, just going with the flow!

 

3 comments:

  1. How clever! Extending a dual portrait to the Crown fountain and then putting it in a Northwoods setting. I especially like the trees at the top. They are so beautifully painted—the online image doesn't do them justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it looks better in person…you really captured Tony’s expression and your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way it is divided into quarters.

    ReplyDelete