Friday, August 26, 2022

Recovering

 I’m still working on a new onion painting on Yupo. 



I like the flow a lot more now. I might add some stronger greens at the top. 

I redid the arched bridge. 


I added more detail at the top, changed the colors of the bridge to get rid of colors that I didn’t like (thanks Yupo), and did some serious work on the ripples. Still love the trees. 

I took another painting that didn’t have the zing that I was looking for. So how do we know when we’re done? I can go further. 



5 comments:

  1. All three paintings look done to me when I viewed them close up (in the big view). The colors in the bulbs perfectly define them. The colors in the bridge really sparkle and the water ripples add nice movement. Not sure what more you could do with the portrait - darken the greens behind the figure to add a little more contrast? Not sure, I like the overall subtlety of the colors…

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you recovering from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been busy. I like the colors in the onion. The bulbs seem to glow now. I like what you've done to the bridge painting, too. The ripples and trees are especially lovely. I'm not sure about the portrait either. It's intriguing compositionally with all the angled fence lines framing the relatively flat and solid subject. I think it's done, but, if anything, maybe punch up the greens to add a touch of contrast for the fencing? Or maybe not, it might throw off the color scheme you have going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm confused. In those earlier paintings it looked like the trees made the arch and I didn't see any bridge at all, or are you talking about some other painting? Like your slouch in the other one, like you are lost in a maze and have decided to just give up, or maybe you are thinking about Cezanne's bathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two different paintings. You’ll have to review previous posts.

      Delete