Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Moving Along…



 I did a little work on the still life, removing some of the intense blue from the vase. I really like this now. I just realized I cut off some of the blue flowers at the top in my cropping attempts, but you get the idea…

I’ve done a little work on the gas station apocalypse sunset, but it’s far from finished. Trying not to rush through the process too much. Stopping to think about it, letting the paint dry, then I wander out of the room and forget I’m painting….

I probably won’t post next week because I’m wandering all the way to Michigan for the week with the family. 

3 comments:

  1. What a difference that adjustment to the vase made! It's perfectly balanced now. And again, I have to say how much I love your colors and the way you use the space in that panorama paper. Genius! I can't wait to see how the gas station comes out. The shapes and composition already are working. I think it's going to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flowers much better now. This shows a lot of growth imo. Eagerly awaiting progress on the gas station.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree on the vase, I really didn't like that hard-edged blue on the vase, but now it is in harmony with everything else. Of course those upper flowers could be a darker purple to match the blue of the pitcher.

    ReplyDelete