Saturday, January 16, 2021

Sara spaces out...

 Sorry, I wasn’t paying attention and didn’t realize we were zooming every week! I’m not used to talking to people that often...



The bulb painting is like 5x18... It’s one of those landscape sketchbooks that I forgot I had. The orchid is on hot press, around 12 x 16. Like these but not crazy about the shadow on the orchid painting; it’s a little too solid imo. Amaryllis and orchids — back to my roots so to speak. Elaine, remember when we used to exhibit at Steve’s orchid show in Oak Park? Long time ago....



And here’s my homage to my favorite tree. It was cut down this week-it’s like losing an old  friend...




4 comments:

  1. I love the very elongated bulb. It fits the subject so well. I like the orchid too. I like the colors in the shadow, even if it is a bit solid. Maybe a soft blot? Or a wash of the yellow? Your trees are amazing. You've done your old friend proud! I originally thought the sunset tree was a painting. Those colors are incredible--if anyone can do justice to them, it's you. (And I do remember the amaryllis paintings! I was just thinking about them this week. Someone across the alley has a red one blooming in the window.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw that FB post I thought “it better not be that tree she paints all the time”. Like the orchid. Didn’t mind the shadow until I mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the texture of the first two. I’ve been going in that direction myself as a way to shake things up.

    Sorry about that tree. I hate cutting them down. I’ve lost 3 great old trees in the last year. It’s a real loss in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that big ole shadow. It's very colorful too. It deserves a place of its own. Nice use of the panoramic paper. Your tree work is great seen altogether like that. I thought the sunset tree was your painting at first glance. What a loss. I hope you do a memorial painting of it/for it.

    ReplyDelete