Friday, January 15, 2021

More portraits and cocktails from Alan



 Here’s a little progression. This is an edited picture of my grandson Emmet. 


I painted him on Yupo. Believe it or not you can damage Yupo by scrubbing too hard with a Q-tip and that is what I did. I was trying to fix his lips but when you ruin the paper, paint doesn’t stay where you want it to. 


I loved a lot of things about it especially the background and clothing. But I decided to do one in my good scrapbook. 



I liked his expression better but I missed the quirkyness of Yupo. 

Back to cocktails. This is a French 75 on Hot Press. 



We were having Moscow Mules in the garden on a warm fall day when I took a photo of them. I painted this picture in my good scrapbook. 



The copper mugs were challenging but I love painting bricks. 


3 comments:

  1. What a handsome fellow. Yupo made him more of a 70's kind of guy, while the other paper toned that vibe down. You're right, you caught his expression quite well on that one. So too, with the shadowing on his face and clothing. Your cocktails are going places, Alan. The tiny blinds are perfection behind them. Can't wait for that calendar. Sophistication and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You can damage Yupo?! I like the personality on the second portrait, but I do like your Yupo work. And I'm thinking you have to add recipes to your calendar. I'm waiting for that, eagerly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the psychedelic vibe of the first portrait! That’s the yupo touch! My fav tho is the drinks in the garden. You’re a master at bricks and creating a cozy setting.

    ReplyDelete