Saturday, January 9, 2021

raven 3


 I wasn't sure where to go with the raven so I started on the background.  When I first put in those two horizontal bands of gee gaws they looked like the weren't attached to the building, like they were somehow in front of it hanging in space,  I put those vertical things along the piers to attach it to the building, and noticing the lacy design of them realized that I could put a lacy pattern into the raven/

So see if you just give it a chance your painting will tell you what to do.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! This is really speaking to you, isn't it? And I'm not making any "nevermore" jokes. Adding the geegaws and the lacy texture really takes this to a great place. And the limited palette is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very strong painting, Ken. Everything works.

    ReplyDelete