Saturday, January 9, 2021

Elaine O.—January 9, 2021

I've added the red door...smack dab in the middle of the painting, too. I know that's not the best, compositionally, but it works for me.

Red Door        11"x8"

I haven't done much this week. But I'm still on a yellow kick, it seems. And I've been cleaning and clearing out the "vase" shelf in my hutch. While they were out, I used them as models to play with light...

9"x12"

...and just document my days in my quarantine sketchbook.

approx. 4.5" sq.

I also got out for a bit and took my sketchbook. Okay, this is a very challenging space, and my time was cut short, but the Covid lockdown seems to have taken its toll on my urban sketching!
 
8"x5.5"


2 comments:

  1. I love purple in a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Elaine, these are really wonderful. So colorful. And I can see the red door now that it's there! You really got the ceramic glaze of that one vase absolutely perfectly. And the collection of glass vases look delightful. Great job on the waiting room and getting the sense of its spaciousness. Did you actually paint it while waiting? What a warrior you are.

    ReplyDelete