Sunday, January 3, 2021

History of Cocktails


I haven’t been painting a lot because I’m too busy sampling my experiments (kidding).  I thought I would try a chronological post. So far it hasn’t been easy but I’ll try again. All are on 140# coldpress except where noted. 

Dry Manhattan at Leo’s in Mississippi 


















Crown Royal and Bell’s Amber Ale at the lake. 


Margarita at the Half Shell. 


My freezer at the cottage.  On Yupo. 


Lemon Drop Martini 



Dirty Martini. Watercolor on gessoed canvas. 


Ruby Red Grapefruit Cosmo


Anjeo Old Fashioned 


Black Beauty 


















That was not easy!  A few more for a calendar. 



8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a calendar! And I love this series, especially the drinks in a background that tells a story and puts you in a place. I don't know when this series started, but there's a real progression. I particularly like the way you paint glass and ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful series—I‘ll have one of each! I like the abstract quality of the backgrounds and the way they’re painted. You given as much attention to the backgrounds as the drinks, which really adds to a sense of place in each painting, as Elaine mentioned. My fav is the lemon drop martinis. I like the way the table is painted and the background - very appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like them all. Probably like the last one the best. Love that lanp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely wants to be a daily calendar rather than a monthly. It's a lovely progression seeing them all together. And your backgrounds really work to deliver the best take for the subject matter. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of which, how about everyone contributing a painting for a "It's Showtime" calendar for 2021? And then each person could print their own calendar for themselves on their own computer how every they want. I vote for Alan to start off the New Year (January) with a drink painting. Then people can volunteer to do months 2-12 and post their images. You can get free monthly calendars to download online. What do you all think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds like fun. So, would we each volunteer for a particular month? Or send an image and have them randomly assigned? So, if we are self-printing, would we just get the images and make our own calendar from an online template? Or would someone do it and send the PDF to us?

      Delete
    2. I’ll give you my Anjeo Old Fashioned.

      Delete