Friday, January 29, 2021

Pear Old Fashioned

Had a little problem with my gallbladder last week but I finished this one that I called “The painter enjoys a cocktail.”
It’s a little cluttered but I liked the sense of it. 


 

In case you want to make one: Cheers. 


SPICED PEAR OLD FASHIONED


Ingredients:

2 oz Bourbon or Blended Whiskey

3/4 oz Pear Liqueur

4 dashes Angostura Bitters


Directions:


Stir all ingredients with ice until chilled, then strain into an Old Fashioned glass over ice. Garnish with a flamed orange slice and a cherry. 


Since my gallbladder removal, my doc advised me to give up alcohol for a couple of weeks. So I started another picture of my grandson, Charles. So I got the basic colors and shapes in and I’ll try to enhance and fine tune it. 






9 comments:

  1. Your painter's drink is great, Alan. I like how clear and strong the images are nearest the viewer and then how they gradually get less so as they recede in the distance. I think it's a great, and complicate, composition. Now you can do a memorial to drinks while on abstinence. BTW, Kris has had his gall bladder removed too, a decade ago.
    Your yupo painting of Charles is a masterpiece already in colors, shapes and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the how-to for a Wisconsin brandy old fashioned.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPGrvymxFnk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was funny! I think they do the same with manhattans in Wisconsin too--brandy instead of bourbon.

      Delete
    2. We watched the video and loved it. Alan has to work on getting his muddler cherry stained. 🙄

      Delete
    3. Thanks!!! That was totally fun. I’ll try it when I get some brandy.

      Delete
  3. Both very nicely painted. You do a great job of using neutral colors in both paintings. Is that an intuitive sense or something you learned how to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be intuitive. Thanks. I really have to think about stronger colors. Just your old color wheel.

      Delete
  4. I like both of these, especially the backgrounds. They're deliberately chosen and say something about the subject. And the subjects look great too, especially your grandson.

    ReplyDelete