Saturday, January 16, 2021

Anvaya Cove Reunion Pre Pandemic

 Today's art work is my accounting sorority reunion at Anvaya Cove Resort, Ph, one month before the Corona hit all of us hard in March! We all joined our sorority when we were teenagers so the 60th reunion was extra special! All of us, golden ladies posed in our summer suit showing the joy of life of women who met changes & challenges with bravado & grit. I survived my husband numerous hospitalizations last year! One of my friends lost her husband to Covid, a month after photo was taken! Our oldest Sis in the center is in her mid 80'! The Sis in long sleeved suit joined the Carmelite sisters after her husband died. Life goes on! This beach photo shoot is a keeper. I hoped I conveyed the warm joyful wet morning of many moons ago! Someday, it will happen again! Happy painting fellow artists!


3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, especially the shadows/reflections. I also love the stories. How lucky to have a group of friends like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great memory of that reunion! You’ve painted each woman in her own distinctive style - tribute to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great painting, Susan. Along with a great memory, especially appreciated in the middle of a pandemic winter.

    ReplyDelete