Monday, July 8, 2024

Just experimenting

 


Sketching on the next in the series.  I love the combo of green gold and perylene green and I thought they should be the stars of the next one.  When I saw that section in the upper right I thought:  Ah, I shall make that the subject of the big paper, but working on it in that left part, it just didn't have the heft to carry a whole painting.   

I think that part in the bottom middle is what I will use.  And will try to get in some of those water drops which many of my devoted fans think should have their turn in the limelight.

3 comments:

  1. What I like best about that top corner is the bit of red/coral that makes its way in. That bit of accent is what makes it interesting, I think. Are you planning to keep the rest just two colors? Or will that accent color make an appearance throughout the painting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not the next painting, just a scratchpad to let you guys know I work hard at these things. In the actual painting I am thinking of adding indigo to the perylene green, and Q burnt orange, and Q burnt scarlet to the yellow parts.

      Delete
  2. My favorite part are the brushstrokes that make up the outline of the lower center square. My least favorite part is the yellow green color combo.

    ReplyDelete