Sunday, January 28, 2024

January 27, 2024 — Elaine O.

Well, the holiday decorations are all down and things have gotten busy again. So I spent the week in my sketchbook, remembering the holidays and preparing for my next full painting. This year, we moved the small aluminum tree to the front window. Here it is, lit up with a revolving color ball, as seen from the street below at twilight.


And I needed to get back into the portraiture groove for an upcoming painting. What better way than to do a quick direct watercolor sketch of a Christmas guest?

And I'm still adding to my Paris sketchbook. Here's a line and wash sketch of the lily pond and Japanese bridge at Monet's gardens. It's a mashup of two things, but it brings back both for me, so I'm happy.



4 comments:

  1. The sketches are great. I like the looseness of the lines in your sketchbook and the brushstrokes in the studies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that window. Would like to see it done bigger with more of the wall it is situated in. That yellow light in the upper part of the window was there in the photo but it is hard to read from the painting. I would put something else there. Dave maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the line and wash sketch. It’s what I try to do and seldom achieve. I love those sketchbooks that allow you to use two pages. It always intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the sketches are delightful, Elaine. They have such a sense of freedom and joie de vivre.

    ReplyDelete