Saturday, June 15, 2024

Ss Alpha Varicella Zoster

 Day one of my husband's shingles attack or onset. The shooting pain & the watery blisters gave us mixed signals throughout the day. We thought they were just unusual pimples, a reaction to his numerous medications and 10 days hospitalizations! It was almost early dawn Chicago time when in desperate needs for answer we phoned his female cousin, a pediatrician in San Diego , who patiently  informed Tony that he had shingles, after we showed her photos of his right face & descriptions of the symptoms. It was the start of a journey of agony from October 2023 to January 2024. I planned to create a series of paintings about this health crisis. And this is the start! Alpha agony!


3 comments:

  1. I like the idea, all life should be portrayed by the artist, and of course I don't know what the blisters looked like in person, gut maybe the blisters should be softer at the edges so that they are emerging from the flesh and not just sitting atop it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony looks good (except for the shingles), but my biggest takeaway is how painful those blisters look . I'm with Ken--I like the idea of documenting life, but I don't know that I'd want to remember the pain every time I looked! A whole series, you say? Maybe you can market them to a dermatologist's office... or a vaccine manufacturer's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Tony!An unwilling model, I’m sure. But the colors on his face are lovely….

    ReplyDelete