Sunday, June 16, 2024

Not so dark, not so stormy


 When I first started this painting I was expecting it would have more oomph, but now it looks more sedate.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  It was a lot of fun, which is important to me, and I think I learned a lot, so I am pleased enough.

Added a little turquoise to the transom sections, and was going to enclose the the windows with a dark green and smudge them up a bit, but sometimes a painting is done and it's best to get to a clean sheet of paper.

3 comments:

  1. Hmm.... this looks more pastel on screen than it did in person.... more like seeing the building on Easter than on a dark and stormy night. Regardless, I like it. I don't think you can call it sedate. The colors and paint treatment are too lively for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Elaine. I am sitting in my front room with my masterpiece leaning against thebook shelf and it has a lot more texture than its pale ghost up there on the screen. I fiddled with the exposure and contrast and saturation and all those other buttons on Microsoft Photos and this is the best I could do.

      In order for the class to see its true beauty in God's own daylight I will be dropping by your houses just about sunrise when your minds are fresh and eager for stimulation. Additionally I will be tossing in a completely free, and always entertaining, half hour mini lecture on my Artistic Voyage. I will not be supplying my itinerary so that you will find my loud knock on your door a delightful surprise.

      Delete
  2. I agree, the liveliness of the colors are lost here. It’s a nice painting but….I’d like to see you do this again without using any straight lines.

    ReplyDelete