Sunday, September 10, 2023

The big rip


 This one kind of got away from me.  I began it with a lot of indigo thinking it would bleed into the rest of the painting but instead it rather held its ground and those small 'veins' don't really like veins because they are too damn thick, and outside of the pattern of making some of the rocks more blue green and the others more yellow green I didn't know where to take this.

Every week or so I gather leaves from my garden and take photos and then fool with the photos with my rudimentary photo editor to see what I can make of them.  What I liked about this leaf is the lower left to upper right tear in it.  I am going to fill the tear in with a dark red and ditto the little bit in the upper left, and, um, I think that will be awesome.  We shall see.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what to say about the top one. It reads to me more like a view from a plane than a leaf. Still, there's something very alive and organic about the "highways." I'm not sure exactly what I'm seeing, but it keeps me looking. I like it. As for the bottom painting, I like the use of complements in the tear and the other bit. I agree that it promises to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don’t you forget about veins and rocks and just look at color and shapes? Another light colored line from upper left to lower right mimicking the small line somewhat might make it perfect….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget about veins and rocks and just look at color and shapes. Maybe another yellow line breaking up that vast expanse of greens? I can see one traveling from the upper left, taking a few twists and turns…These second one shows promise…what about leaving the white space tinged in reddish brown, instead of filling it with red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on putting in the dark red last. Maybe by then white will look good. But can I also leave the space on the upper left white?

      Delete