Sunday, September 24, 2023

Alan fall 3

 The bouquet is definitely done. You can tell by the shine of the fixative. 


I have an alley series from years ago but the images are not on my phone. Here are some more of my alley. This one looking west.   These ore done on Yupo using a pallet knife for some nice effects and lines. I don’t know where the idea came from.  Here we are looking west.


And here we are looking East.  There’s quite a bit of work to do here.  Again using a pallet knife on Yupo.




3 comments:

  1. The flowers and vase are spectacular. It is bursting out of the tablecloth which is so nicely faded. I think this surpasses even your great onions. So many nice things in your garage Love that big blue triangle shooting out of those foamy liquid trees. The garage in the front dramatically anchors the scene. But I am a bit perplexed by that brown shadow(?) just under the eave. Not sure what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a little sun coming in from the west. I'll try to make it clearer.

      Delete
  2. I like the flowers and vase and I am always a fan of a Chicago alley painting. I especially like the composition of these, with the active angles and triangles. The clapboards also do a great job of moving the viewers' eyes around and the trees make nice resting points. And now that Ken mentioned it, I have to agree about the brown sub-shadow under the eaves. What is it?

    ReplyDelete