Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Finishing touches….


The top one is 9x12 and the bottom one 4x6. After class I darkened the umbrella a bit on the first one and maybe the chairs too. I like this. I finished up the baby but don’t really like the skin color. I was using a mix of raw umber and Winsor  red, but it’s too dull. Also the background is a bit challenging. He’s on a gray couch but his outfit is also gray with yellow stripes. I thought the blue pillow was a nice contrast  to his skin but maybe just the lighter cobalt blue…I kind of like his yellow stripes going all wacky .
 

2 comments:

  1. That top one is the very essence of enjoying a hot sunny day in the shade of your porch. So relaxing! I like your little man so much! I think your original sketch has a touch more energy (more contrast and more exuberant brushwork), but I like this one too. Again, you're really getting the feel of sunlight hitting your subjects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is kind of nostalgic, kind of reminds me of those tables and chairs at a place you used to live in out of state, long ago and far away, but this is quite homey, because, well it is home. Second baby looks kind of ordinary compared to the fresher first baby.

    ReplyDelete