Saturday, April 29, 2023

SS: Elisa, the Guitar Musician

 After the Pandemic, we were blessed to celebrate a family reunion in Feb 2023 with our paternal relatives from Southern Ph. I was raised with my nuclear family in Northern Ph, that it was a pleasant revelation to enjoy the company and savor the multi talented skills of my numerous Cousins, Nephews, Nieces and Grandchildren from other parts of the World, most of them, our first mutual encounters with each other. During a mini get together, prior to the big party, when we were trying to decide our reunion theme song, the guitarist who was my cousins' neighbors, accompanied us with such low energy as if he was in need of a liquid picker upper, that one of our elder female cousins, grabbed the guitar from the neighbor & played with such gusto and enthusiasm, that it jump started our first musical group song to a high level until we settled on a local love song as our reunion song. Then and there,I felt the loss of not having met my female cousin when we were both younger yet I felt grateful that we still have time to enjoy each other, after surviving a huge calamity, like the pandemic. I painted a younger version of Elisa as if she was in her prime with an attitude of showing off to the male guitarist and with the confidence of a talented musician whose artistic talent has not been show cased by a lifetime of farming and hard work! May She enjoy more creative moments! I painted her audience as bits and pieces of our admiring relatives surrounding her. I painted her nail polish red! And I showed the porch of our get together as a performing stage. The green color of the guitar and the chair is also the same color of the venue, the  tiny house of my other cousin Annie, Priceless!


2 comments:

  1. You really captured her relaxed pose and the sense that she’s actually playing the guitar. However the audience members are a bit distracting; they’re a little too abstract to read as people….a plain background might showcase her better imo…

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you captured her body weight and the way she's actually holding and playing the guitar. I think the audience reads as abstract shapes...almost like pictures on a wall...more than actual people. Either way works for me, but it depends on your intent.

    ReplyDelete