Thursday, April 20, 2023

Springing Forward….

 

Started this in class and worked on it quite a bit this week. Several times I thought it was finished, but the next day I would look at it for a few minutes and then pick up a paintbrush….unfortunately I didn’t take a pic last week, but the tilt of the vase really bothered me and I managed to fix it — at least to my satisfaction!


I worked on this one a lot this week too, and I think it’s done. It’s spookier than intended, but maybe it needs a person looking out the window…or something. It does capture the starkness of the tree against the blue sky, but I wish I could make the sky more uniform, like a wash. Of course that would involve a lot of masking….



These are for Bryan in case he’s contemplating a gnome series….

2 comments:

  1. Sara, the plant is wonderful--especially the way the light hits the plant and the pot! The view out the window looks like a storm is coming. And who wouldn't want to do a gnome series?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fixed it good. Love the patina on the pot and the plant is very nice too. I don’t think it’s spooky at all. I’d just do the wash and paint the tree over it. And, I, for one, would not want to do a gnome series.

    ReplyDelete