Sunday, December 25, 2022

Almost done.


 Almost done, a little more on the stem and maybe some more paint on the skin, and of course any suggestions by the peanut gallery will be carefully considered.  As usual with me the background rose up to challenge the foreground.  It was sort of kind of supposed to be that red and white tablecloth of the former punkin only kind of beat up and grass stained from the last time you saw it.  Not sure what it is now, but I like it well enough.  Well, I like almost everything I do.  My greatest strength and my greatest weakness.

4 comments:

  1. I can see the checkerboard cloth origins in the background. Right now, it reminds me of those Magic Eye patterns--I'm trying to see what's hidden in the background. There's a contrast between the 3d pumpkin and the flat background that gives it a graphic quality. I think I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the second punkin. Third one comes next. Loved those magic eye things. I don't know why they ever faded away.

      Delete
  2. Looking at my actual punkin at that time of its life, I would like to see more decay. More mold. More mess. More slime. I’m losing the punkin in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the pumpkin but the background should a compost pile, nice dark chunky soil dotted with lettuce leaves and old corncobs….

    ReplyDelete