Saturday, December 3, 2022

Alan at practice.

These are some small quick practice pieces using a single light source inside a cardboard box. 

This is an ink contour drawing with washes. 


I spent more time with this graphite drawing. 


Here are some of my Christmas ornaments that are not as wobbly as I’ve painted them. 


I ran out of stuff to paint so I just drew and painted stuff in my art bag. 



 I deepened some shadows and added a turquoise/emerald green wash over the blouse on my portrait of Greeta. I think it works better but I still didn’t get what I was looking for.



I continue to work on this Yupo piece looking down a long driveway towards the Gulf of Mexico.  It’s getting better. 






5 comments:

  1. You explained the box thing to me Friday night at the Ten Cat, but I don't remember where the single light source was coming from, or exactly what the purpose was, like how is that better than setting them out on a table. I'll vote for two and three. Greeta is looking good, nice interplay between her parted hair and the collar of her dress framing her face. That last tree on the path to the Gulf seems just a bit too perfectly triangular. Or maybe it is a nice little touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a little led book light. You can control the light depending on where you place the light. It helps you to see the true colors of the object and shadows in your meditation about it.

      Delete
  2. Gulf of Mexico view is lovely as is Greeta’s portrait. The hair and the folds of the dress create a lot of energy. Also like the graphite drawing of the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greeta looks great! Darkening the blouse really worked to balance the portrait. I like the casual layers in the graphite drawing and the sense of depth in the Yupo painting. The ornaments sadden me—makes me realize how far behind I am again this year.

    ReplyDelete